What’s on offer at Shire Oak House?
What’s on offer at Shire Oak House, Headingley Hall?
Practical Care and support
- Full care and support provided by our staff team who have enhanced dementia training
- 11 en-suite rooms which can be individualised to personal tastes
- Special consideration and use of memory aids such as assistive technology (e.g Alexa)
- Dining options – cooking together, laying the table
- Gardening – beautiful landscape gardens to enjoy
- On-site activities and where appropriate trips out
We believe that it's important to support the person to maintain skills, abilities and an active social life. This can also help how they feel about themselves.
We can support with:
- remembering medication
- eating and drinking
- personal care (bathing, washing, toileting) that is responsive to what the person needs
- dealing with sleep problems – on site 24/ 7 to support any sleep disturbances.